Filed under: Online Marketing
The folks behind SEM Rush recently launched SEO Pivot.
SEM Rush does a great job of comparing sites head to head, but is a bit top heavy in the search results (only searching through Google’s top 20 search results).SEO Pivot is more for just looking deeper into 1 site at a time, however it does use a smaller keyword database of 500,000 top keywords. It can help you uncover some broad keywords that you rank better than expected for.
Who knew we ranked #97 for price fixing, #98 for invisible hand, or #32 for dark art? The 3 examples I used were more of an attempt at humor than useful data, but we also rank for other valuable phrases.
Between this tool and SEM Rush I still like SEM Rush way more, but this is another useful tool to add to the toolbox. Look at deeper search rankings for such broad keywords…
- can help give you a good idea of how strong a particular site is
- help you see the unlocked ranking potential of a site that is currently poorly optimized
- perhaps can help you rethink making some site structural changes like promoting some pages a bit harder in your link structure and/or using internal 301 redirects to combine some related pages
Continue Reading: SEO Pivot – a Lightweight SEM Rush 100 Results Deep
- November 8, 2008 -- How to Survive and Thrive in Business Today with Web 2.0 – Part 1
- January 7, 2011 -- CheckPoints Hits A Million Check-Ins, 600K Bar Code Scans
- June 24, 2010 -- 160,000 Android Phones Sold Per Day
- December 27, 2008 -- How I Decide Who To “Follow Back” On Twitter
- June 30, 2009 -- Yes, Rackspace Is Down And So Are Many Of Your Favorite Sites
- February 19, 2010 -- Basic Tips on Web Analytics
- February 22, 2010 -- Why You Should Confess Everything Before You Get Caught
- September 20, 2008 -- How Does Social Media Affect Search?
- November 16, 2010 -- Schmidt: Gingerbread Sooner, Chrome OS Later
- September 11, 2008 -- Yammer Takes Top Prize At TechCrunch50