Filed under: Online Marketing
The folks behind SEM Rush recently launched SEO Pivot.
SEM Rush does a great job of comparing sites head to head, but is a bit top heavy in the search results (only searching through Google’s top 20 search results).SEO Pivot is more for just looking deeper into 1 site at a time, however it does use a smaller keyword database of 500,000 top keywords. It can help you uncover some broad keywords that you rank better than expected for.
Who knew we ranked #97 for price fixing, #98 for invisible hand, or #32 for dark art? The 3 examples I used were more of an attempt at humor than useful data, but we also rank for other valuable phrases.
Between this tool and SEM Rush I still like SEM Rush way more, but this is another useful tool to add to the toolbox. Look at deeper search rankings for such broad keywords…
- can help give you a good idea of how strong a particular site is
- help you see the unlocked ranking potential of a site that is currently poorly optimized
- perhaps can help you rethink making some site structural changes like promoting some pages a bit harder in your link structure and/or using internal 301 redirects to combine some related pages
Continue Reading: SEO Pivot – a Lightweight SEM Rush 100 Results Deep
- November 21, 2009 -- Whiteboard Friday – Content & Technology Licensing
- December 10, 2008 -- Leveraging Blogs and Feeds for SEO
- April 16, 2010 -- Google’s Plan To Give Chrome OS (And All Web-Enabled Devices) Universal Printer Support
- March 3, 2009 -- Hulu Gets An Unofficial Desktop App In MyMediaPlayer2
- August 22, 2010 -- Is Search Now A Strategic Industry in China?
- May 1, 2011 -- Gillmor Gang 4.30.11 (TCTV)
- November 28, 2008 -- DotNetNuke Raises Series A Funding To Fuel Framework Adoption
- June 6, 2009 -- Did Bing Just Leapfrog Yahoo Search?
- August 20, 2010 -- Nokia Buys Ron Conway Backed Mobile Analytics Startup Motally
- April 24, 2011 -- One Tax Break Later, Twitter Announces Plans To Move To Central Market SF Office