Filed under: Online Marketing
The folks behind SEM Rush recently launched SEO Pivot.
SEM Rush does a great job of comparing sites head to head, but is a bit top heavy in the search results (only searching through Google’s top 20 search results).SEO Pivot is more for just looking deeper into 1 site at a time, however it does use a smaller keyword database of 500,000 top keywords. It can help you uncover some broad keywords that you rank better than expected for.
Who knew we ranked #97 for price fixing, #98 for invisible hand, or #32 for dark art? The 3 examples I used were more of an attempt at humor than useful data, but we also rank for other valuable phrases.
Between this tool and SEM Rush I still like SEM Rush way more, but this is another useful tool to add to the toolbox. Look at deeper search rankings for such broad keywords…
- can help give you a good idea of how strong a particular site is
- help you see the unlocked ranking potential of a site that is currently poorly optimized
- perhaps can help you rethink making some site structural changes like promoting some pages a bit harder in your link structure and/or using internal 301 redirects to combine some related pages
Continue Reading: SEO Pivot – a Lightweight SEM Rush 100 Results Deep
- January 29, 2011 -- Coming Soon (Maybe): A TechCrunch Book Review Column
- November 22, 2008 -- Interview of Greg Jarboe on PR, SEO, Video Optimization, and the Chicago SES Conference
- June 1, 2010 -- BUZZMEDIA Signs Up 6 Major Music Sites, Including The Hype Machine And RCRD LBL
- May 14, 2009 -- Imeem About To Expand iPhone Music Storage By Way Of The Cloud
- October 11, 2008 -- As Rome Burned, Team Cyprus Danced
- July 6, 2010 -- Gowalla Focusing More On Beauty With iPhone 4 — Will Users Be Attracted?
- June 30, 2011 -- Accel Puts $34 Million In Online Payments Platform Braintree
- May 7, 2009 -- How to Choose the Best Keywords for Optimized Public Relations
- July 26, 2009 -- Raising Prices in a Recession? WTF ;)
- August 27, 2010 -- Zuckerberg: “Guess What? Nobody Wants To Make Lists.”